Graphic designers provide copy layouts and artwork for companies. It is the designer’s responsibility plan, collect and study materials and information to complete each design project. A graphic designer should attend workshops to remain current with newest design technologies. Common Skills include graphic design skills, layout skills, customer focus, and attention to detail. Candidates with a strong portfolio and experience are in high demand. No licensure is required, but an Associate or Bachelors degree in graphic design is preferred.
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Graphic Design resumes for your reference.
- Taking graphic design projects from concept to completion while working within tight deadlines and multi-tasking on several projects at a time.
- Working closely with a team of event planners and other creatives to create a vision and then making that vision come to life through the art of print Abigail design.
- High attention to detail in creative and proofing/editing process, multitasking on several projects at once, effective verbal and written communication skills, creativity, prioritizing tasks, designing and photography, working events, building guest and donor relations.
Graphic Design & Production
- Created concepts, logos, print ads and collateral pieces from design through production using Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Designed and produced web pages, HTML emails and banner ads using Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Programmed, uploaded and deployed HTML eblasts using Dreamweaver.
Graphic Design Specialist
- Lead in the design, development and implementation of the graphic, layout, and production.
- Managed up to 5 projects or tasks at a given time while under pressure to meet weekly deadlines.
- Supervise the assessment of all graphic materials in order to ensure the quality and accuracy in the design.
Managing Graphic Design Specialist
- Create graphics (technical and illustrative) for online or paper/pencil assessments following established design specifications where provided.
- Design and create proposal covers, brochures, or other marketing materials.
- Schedule, delegate, and prioritize work in concert with Senior Manager and other Publishing staff.
- Upload test content to the Web, including manual and automated conversion of non-HTML content to HTML and adding CSS3.
Graphic Design / Photographer Intern
- Employ advanced techniques to conceive and create high-quality graphically designed publications and visual aids such as newsletters, books, brochures, booklets, posters/displays, charts, infographics, web design, e-pubs, e-newsletters, interactive PDF’s, and fillable forms.
- Create publications and graphics by making decisions on layout, color schemes, typography, contrast, style, balance, tone, elements and materials to be incorporated when planning and executing designs for the target audience.
- Use Adobe Creative Cloud software for the purposes of authoring, illustration, image editing, print design, web design, scanning, and to integrate graphics with text to achieve electronic publishing, and enhance images.
- Work closely and corroboratively with internal and external customers to define their requirements, develop concepts that support their initiatives, set expectations, develop and implement action plans, obtain feedback, and ensure that products meet their needs in a timely and responsive manner.
- I work with local companies on a freelance basis to complete graphic design work as requested by the client.
- Design services include: magazines, brochures, newsletters, annual reports, logos, postcards, signage, flyers, banner ads, paper systems, infographics, templates, catalogs, website content management.
- Assist a local printing company onsite performing pre-press production, graphic design, operate digital copiers, document scanning, support sales staff, customer service and design consultation.
Graphic Design Manager
- Responsible for all image and marketing materials of the company’s brands (Concepts, displays and product design).
- Lead and development of printed and media design (Packaging, advertisings, brochures, Marketing presentations, videos, websites, etc.)
- Developed new visual concepts to the product’s showroom and interior office design for the new headquarters.
Freelance Graphic Designer
- Design online interactive sales and marketing collateral.
- Read and analyze incoming projects, submissions, and changes to determine their, significance and plan their importance.
- Design unique print materials, including advertisements, brochures and logo designs.
- Create all communications collateral, including email ads, fliers and post cards.
- Prioritize graphic workload and effectively coordinate multiple projects.
Graphic Design Specialist
- Edit photos in Adobe Photoshop, create posters, flyers, e-mail invitations, web banners, and other digital communication.
- Evaluate graphic design work of your own and of others to maintain color standards, layout, typesetting and editing in order to create brochures, booklets and other useful documents for employee communication.
- Analyze data to develop infographics to simplify the story data is telling into a visual medium.
- Take a consultative approach when receiving direction and feedback from different stakeholders with different priorities.
Senior Graphic Design Manager
- Responsible for a full range of design/art direction activities supporting AP’s world-wide marketing and communications.
- Worked on branding initiatives for existing and new business units.
- Designed product communications including: annual reports, magazines, folders, print/web ads, logos, trade show materials,marketing sheets, presentation graphics, cards, brochures, web pages and templates.
- Responsible for soliciting price quotes and contracting for printing and other services; oversee prepress; conduct press checks and other production.
Graphic Design And Marketing Specialist
- Extremely proficient with graphic design software and hardware including Mac systems, Indesign, Quark, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Maintains and updates all technical, sales and marketing information to properly display the importance of organization.
- Coordinates accurate and timely creation of all business cards, letterhead and all other corporate materials.
- Creation and adherence to style standards set for projects and documentation for internal and external clients.
- Coordination with international sales efforts focusing on targeted, regional advertising.
- Editing and creating digital advertising collateral.
- Ensuring message clarity through collaboration with translators and local sales representatives.